Field Compressor Mechanic Job Description
Our firm is searching for leaders skilled specifically in the compressor mechanic industry. Maintenance service, provide preventive and corrective field mechanical service on Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors.
Disassembles repairs and reassembles components and equipment to ensure proper alignment, balance and
Work Experience: All levels
Industry: Oil & Gas Salary: $20.00 – $40.00
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Field maintenance tasks including equipment troubleshooting, installation/removal, repair
- May be required to perform machine tool work using lathes, mills, saws, etc.
- Remove and clean compressor rotors
- Replace and install gear boxes
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Inspecting equipment by checking bearing clearances rotor conditions, etc.
- Install, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and overhaul various types of compressors
- following manufacturer’s instructions and/or company polices;
- Perform compressor repairs with disassembly (including mechanical seal removal)
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintain accurate record keeping, reports and send reports to supervisor
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational and training opportunities; reading technical publications,
- attending seminars or workshops.
- Will be required to perform quarterly & annually work-related assessments such as quizzes, hands-on test, verbal
- protocol and etc. to ensure
- Perform other duties as required.
- Willingness to support policy of a drug-free work environment DISA random drug testing
- Willingness to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating and to walk up and down stairs with or without
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum of three to five years of related experience, or an
- equivalent combination of position-related education and experience required.
- Understands quality management system
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical drawings required.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math skills required.
- NCCER Millwright Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- You must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
$ 20-40/ hr